What is the BIS Holy Priest gear?
Because Corruption allows gear from many different sources to be competitive, targeting your absolute Best in Slot gear isn't entirely realistic; instead, we've created a Best in Slot list from the ideal Discipline Priest raid drops found in Eternal Palace, to help you decide what to prioritize and how best to spend your Seal of Wartorn Fate.
Holy Priest will primarily focus on maximizing item level in most gear slots, with rings, trinkets and azerite slots (Helm/Chest/Shoulders) as the notable exceptions. Those slots should be targeted when possible for specific stat or Azerite bonuses although they too can be replaced if there is a significant item level increase. For example a low level Crit/Mastery ring (desirable Holy stats) can be replaced by a significantly higher item level Vers/Haste ring, especially if it also has a socket.
Due to personal loot restrictions in BfA, keep in mind that obtaining the below items may be more difficult so do not be stressed if you do not have the perfect gear set going into raid. Playstyle makes a massive difference over having the most optimal gear slots.
|Staff||Shandai, Watcher of Cosmos||
|Main Hand||Vorzz Yoq'al*||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh|
|Off-Hand||Uhnish Vwah||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh|
|Helm||Visage of Nightmarish Machinations||N'zoth the Corruptor|
|Shoulders||Spaulders of Miasmic Mycelia||Fury of N'Zoth|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Wrathion|
|Chest||Robes of Unreality||Prophet Skitra|
|Bracers||Cuffs of Grim Conjuration||Il'gynoth|
|Gloves||Grips of Occult Reminiscence||
Shad'har the Insatiable
|Belt||Binding of Dark Heresies||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh|
|Legs||Corporeal Supplicant's Trousers||Fury of N'Zoth|
|Boots||Psychic's Subtle Slippers||Prophet Skitra|
|Ring||Void-Etched Band||Shad'har the Insatiable|
|Trinket||Peerless Alchemist Stone||Alchemy - Crafted|
|Trinket||Forbidden Obsidian Claw||Maut|
* Vorzz Yoq'al is the best natural corrupted weapon in Ny'alotha, the Waking City with the Corruption effect Void Ritual. Other weapons can corrupt with a more efficient corruption ratio (less corruption, higher stats) and those would generally be preferred. Expect tuning on Void Ritual.
Trinkets are less sensitive to item level differences. For example, some trinkets, like the Revitalizing Voodoo Totem are very underpowered compared to other dungeon effects, so a high ilvl totem may not be better than one of the trinkets above unless it is a massive difference in intellect.
- Peerless Alchemist Stone — Standard and easy to make, this trinket gets us started in Season 4 and continues to have situational uses well after we've replaced it for raiding.
- Humming Black Dragonscale — Solid all-round trinket although Holy ideally isn't pursuing much Haste.
- Forbidden Obsidian Claw — Absolutely wild trinket that not only damages, but heals based off the damage and gives back more mana based on haste. A must target trinket early on in the raid.
- Oozing Coagulum — Reasonably high healing trinket with annoying positional requirements, these blood pools resemble some void zones present on the Drest'agath encounter, spawn near the player and stay up for around a minute, giving you time to use them when you please. With the high mobility encounters in Ny'alotha this could be a powerful trinket but requires extremely good (and unlikely) positioning to make the most out of it.
- Psyche Shredder — Very high damage trinket that can be useful for Mythic+ or raids when additional damage is required.
- Manifesto of Madness — Heavily statted trinket, with odd positional requirements. Could see some situational play but seems more likely for Mythic+ rather than raid.
Holy Priest in Ny'alotha will have access to new corruption effects to further improve their performance. Below is a list of desirable corruption bonuses to pursue for your gear, many of these corruption effects can have niche/situational effects, so be careful on cleansing any of these pieces unless you know you won't be using them.
One of the top Corruption effects to prioritize is Ineffable Truth. More cooldown reduction is insanely helpful for Holy Priest in accelerating their throughput and reducing their heavier cooldowns.Passive Effects
- Siphoner — Increased Leech is always incredibly beneficial for healers, especially in progression and especially when encounters favor heavy "rot" ticking damage. Expect this to be a very high throughput increase.
- Masterful — Mastery is often the best secondary for early progression healing and if you have heavy levels of it on your gear, you will get strong value from the secondary increase.
- Severe — Holy already moves more towards Crit in the latter part of the expansion so increasing your secondaries naturally can also help your synergy with Strikethrough.
The above corruption effects all passively increase the value of your secondaries. While these corruption effects all give procs of secondary stats. Most secondary stats aren't far from each other in value and most of the stat procs are quite good. If you can pair these secondary proc effects with stat amplification (crit/vers etc from all sources) then you can put together some strong synergistic corruption combinations.
- Void Ritual — A weapon corrupted effect that can corrupt other pieces of gear. This corruption price will often be high but looks to be quite potent, especially if other allies share it as well.
- Infinite Stars — While recently nerfed they are Infinite so nerfing infinity is still infinity. All the same, it is still incredibly good damage that can benefit your raid or M+ runs massively.
- Ineffable Truth — This corruption effect is a weapon effect that can be applied to many different pieces. This effect could be exceedingly powerful for the spec if the damage is consistent enough to make constant use of low-cooldown Holy Words.
- Deadly Momentum — Increased Crit strike proc.
- Surging Vitality — Increased Versatility proc. Some potential of issue if there isn't sufficient damage to proc this.
- Honed Mind — Increased Mastery proc.
- Versatile — Versatility is not a poor stat by any means and might be even more crucial if encounters require greater damage reduction in order to survive incoming hits. Value will be determined by the quantity of Versatility on the player's gear.
- Glimpse of Clarity — Cooldown reduction for Holy seems very interesting since the only abilities we use with cooldowns we are heavily incentivized to reduce (Holy Words/Circle). This may be stronger than just the "moderate" rank that it falls in at the moment but needs more testing to truly gauge the value.[
- Avoidant — Avoidance seems incredibly situational but could have specific areas where it shines for surviving a particularly challenging boss encounter in raids or Mythic+.
- Expedient — Haste is less than ideal for Holy Priests so if the player isn't having much Haste on their gear as is, they won't gain many secondaries from this effect.
- Racing Pulse — Increased Haste proc again isn't ideal for the spec so this proc is on the low end of a priority.